Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Really Mother Nature, more rain? How original!


I'm sure it's been said before, but I am so sick and tired of all of this rain. Come on already. It's enough to make me start an SSRI...

On another note, yesterday Mr. Diagnosis Deferred and I got our marriage license (not as exciting as I thought it might have been...). As I waited in the lobby for him to arrive, I watched other couples line up and fill out paperwork. There were two couples being helped. Both women were in wedding gowns, one very clearly pregnant, bless her heart. Anyway, an older couple strolled in, him strides before her. It was raining outside and they were both wet and annoyed and snapping at each other. They approached the desk, and I couldn't hear what they said to the staff member, but she shook her head and announced, "Divorces? Oh no, those are across the street. You're in the wrong place." They turned on their heels and stomped out. Everyone turned and it looked and it was terribly sad. One of those things I wish I'd never seen, but I'm pretty sure that if you tell it to someone else, somehow it becomes less sad...

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Divorce is always sad... part of my job (sadly) is helping people get divorced. And no matter how many times you are around it, or see it, it's jstill sad. My heart still drops a little bit everytime someone says "We want to file for divorce."

Maggie said...

Ah, marriage licenses.

My friend who was married in March had a huge blowout fight with her fiance while at City Hall.

Me? I wrote down my ex boyfriend's birthday on the application in the space for "Groom's Date of Birth." SERIOUSLY.

So I think you got outta there pretty well! ;-)

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

yes the rain is insane! yesterday i finally had my engagement shoot after rescheduling about 5 times and we trapsed around the city at 6:30 in the middle of that crazy storm!

congrats on getting ur marriage license! sorry u had to witness the whole divorce incident!

krista said...

that scene with the people getting divorced is funny in a romantic comedy kind of way and incredibly sad considering it was real people and not actors. it's much easier to digest paid celebrities are just pretending to get divorced.

little luxury list said...

Congrats on getting the license! It was kinda funny and cute seeing people dressed up with their bouquets and family in tow.

That is sad about the divorce though. Well, we go through life making the best decisions we can.

Stop raining, and esp. no more rain in August!

anna and the ring said...

Oh that is sad.

But don't be sad about the rain. I love the rain. I feel it cleans the slate and lets us start anew. Gosh I sound like a old hippy or maybe it's because I'm from the UK and it is always raining.