Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

6 things.

The lovely Bridechka tagged me! Here are the rules for this tag: Tag and link back to the person who tagged you. List six little things that make you happy. Tag six bloggers and let them know they're “it."

1. Mr. Diagnosis Deferred.
Cheesy but true. This boy.... wow. We have had the most unexpected, whirlwind, fairytale love story. Before we met, I never believed that love like this existed. Don't get me wrong, there are certainly days that I want to strangle him, but even on those days, there is nothing in the world that makes me as happy as the moment that he walks in the door every evening. I pinch myself every morning, still not believing that he's all mine. Ok, that's as much mush as I will subject you to. Let me just leave you with this- crazy, intense, unbelievably good love exists, don't let anyone ever tell you that your expectations are unrealistic.2. Sugar.

It's so sick, but so true. I'm addicted to sugar. People will swear to me that if I quit it cold turkey, my cravings will eventually dissipate. I have made every effort to do just this, but it's futile. My diet is super healthy, it really is, and truthfully I'm a rockstar at restricting the white stuff, but on the occasions that I allow myself real, true sugar in the form of candy, ice cream, doughnuts, or cotton candy, I'm in heaven.Photo from here.

3. My neices.
I'm convinced that they are the two most adorable and remarkable children on the face of the planet. Period. One is a rose, the other is a wildflower. They live far away, but we talk on the phone often and I see them every chance I get. I want to clone them.



4. New York, NY.
I didn't discover it until late in life, but this is the city I was born to live in. I adore the energy here and I'm certain there is nowhere in the world like it. After years of being here, the sights and smells and sounds still excite me and I often find myself grinning as I weave my way through crowded sidewalks.



5. Traveling.
I really can't think of anywhere in the world that I wouldn't go. I love it all. There is nothing more exciting than boarding a plane for someplace new. I'm equally excited for our Italian honeymoon as I am for the wedding.
Photo from here.

6. A fresh mani/pedi, a pair of oversized sunglasses and a killer spray tan.
The instructions did say "six little things" that make me happy. My best friend and I are pretty convinced that this combination is really all we need to conquer the world.

Clearly, my list should include things like "reading the classics" or "learning foreign languages," but, a girl's gotta be honest, right?

I'm tagging:
Erin ever After
Veiled Vows
The Pied-A-Terre
The Blissful Bride
.c is for charmed
you are my fave

10 comments:

JennyLee said...

I am so with you on the sugar. I want it all the time!

maorinette said...

Que cute!

Kristen said...

your list is fabulous... and I would agree. Your nieces are pretty darn adorable! have a great weekend!

bananas. said...

your list is great and i love NY too.

The Perfect Palette said...

such a great post!!! thanks so much for sharing.

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Love your 6 choices!

You Are My Fave said...

Oh man, do I have to narrow my list down to six things? Just kidding. I feel like I could duplicate your list, except for your Mr. part because that would be weird.

Emilia Jane said...

aw thanks lady. you're so sweet!

Bridechka said...

I am so with you on the sugar and the NYC ... great list :)

Erin Lepperd said...

thanks for the tag! it is hard to narrow it down to 6..hmmm.