Search This Blog

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Julie & Julia


Last night I was lucky enough to attend a screening of the new Nora Ephron movie, Julie & Julia. I read the book years ago and I loved every word of it. It was one of those novels that leaves you terribly disappointed upon reaching the last page, not because it was a lousy read, but because you want 100 more pages.

I'm a perpetual dieter, a former vegan, and allergic to wheat, so I admit that there are moments in the film that are a real tease... not to mention that if I spent a year cooking every.single.recipe from Julia Child's cookbook, I would weigh 300 pounds, but I still left the theater inspired to take a shot at classic cooking.

Anyway- the movie was different from the book, in a wonderful way. Amy Adams was adorable and Meryl Streep was a fantastic Julia Child, proving once again that there is little that woman can't do.

The film is being released in theaters on August 7. If you hadn't already planned on it, I must insist that you see it.

7 comments:

Morgan said...

I can't wait to see this!

bananas. said...

i saw the preview to this and was wondering if it was about julia child. forgive me but i'm not a huge cooking fan so i know very little about her. eek.

Maggie ~ The Freckled Citizen said...

Awesome!! I adored this book (it was my honeymoon beach read, actually) and have major crushes on the esteemed Ms. Streep and the adorable Ms. Adams. My hopes are high.

Kristen said...

Definitely on my list of films to see!!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

been wanting to see this.

Globetrottingbride said...

The preview looked great. Can't wait to check it out!!!

made sweet said...

oh i'm so glad to hear that it's good!! i've been really looking forward to seeing it.