Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2009

Making sacrifices


I try my hardest never to set my heart on anything. But, more often than not, I fail miserably. I fall deeply in love with things, people or ideas and as a result often obsess myself into an oblivion. I'm embarrassed to admit that Christian Louboutin wedding shoes were one of those things that somehow, despite my most valiant efforts, my heart ended up set on. They were never really a valid possibility, not for one minute. At over $700, Mr. Diagnosis Deferred would have laughed himself silly at the mere suggestion. But, for some reason I was unable to let the thought of them go. Until my bridal shop called, on the morning of my first fitting kindly reminding that I would not be fitted without my bridal shoes, which, as a result of my unreasonable attachment to the unattainable Louboutins, I had not yet purchased. In a frenzied panic, I sprinted through the city in an attempt to find something that I adored almost as much as my "not a chance in hell shoes."
I'm sure you know where this story is going... After 8 shoe stores I settled on shoes that I would describe as "perfectly fine." Do I love them? No. Are they perfectly fine? Yes.(In blue, of course.)

I just keep reminding myself that I would have been dying in 4 inch heels all night anyway. Plus, if I wore Louboutins to my wedding, what the hell would I have to look forward to?

7 comments:

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Gosh! I so feel your pain about the shoe shopping hunt. Can you believe that I settled for shoes that were 'perfectly fine' for my bm's! Yep. Its a true story. In the end, we needed to get the shoes purchased so my girls would have them by the time my bridal shower came (in a week). That way they can have them for their alterations. They are pretty! But not like INCREDIBLE!

Anonymous said...

I understand that...I find my heart set on things and then just HAVE TO HAVE THEM!

I like the rationale of no 4 inch heels though...pain would be no good for the big day.

Bridechka said...

The ones you got are great and in blue they will look awesome. I know they arent what you had your heart set on, but I think you will look fab in them anyway!

the un-bride said...

I believe that things like Louboutin shoes and Agent Provocateur lingerie exist only to make us mere mortals drool. It's an evil conspiracy.

JennyLee said...

I think your shoe choice is really cute and hey that's extra money towards something right! ( I know that doesn't really help but you get my meaning! :)

Amanda B. Young said...

Surprise for you up tomorrow on the blog. Check it out!

Erinn E. Ryan said...

came across your blog, it's so adorable and hilarious. Thanks for sharing! The shoes I picked out are not going to pass on my groom either...$950 eeeek!