Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween!

I freaking love a costume, so it should come as no surprise that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the year.  Last year was deathly ill on Halloween and I missed out on all the fun.  This year will be different.
I've given quite a bit of thought to this year's costume and I narrowed it down to two perfect possibilities.

A) Little Edie Beale from Grey Gardens (Have you seen it?  Despite Drew Barrymore's awful and terrible acting, the story's got it all.  The NY setting, the eccentric characters, the fabulous costumes.  I adored it)



OR
B) Rosie the Riveter.  Universally recognized and totally cute hairdo.



In the end I decided on Rosie.  Frankly, her costume is cuter and I think she's more recognizable than Little Edie.  If you still haven't decided, check out Jessica's amazing and inspiring designs on What I Wore.  That girl is a genius.  Stayed tuned for my Halloween photos!

7 comments:

Emilia Jane said...

I'm being Little Edie! Really it's just an excuse to not wear any pants! I can't wait...I just need an american flag and a fur coat!

bananas. said...

i once saw the BEST rosie costume several years ago. the girl looked just like her so i'm glad you went with that one. you'll look great!

Kristen said...

What a great costume idea... can't wait to see your pics!!

staging professionals Toronto said...

Hi. I must admit that it's really great costume idea. My situation with costume is the same as the last year. I love ghosts, so I'm going to wear my home made ghost costume. However, if I want to be original I have to remake it little bit. And with good make up this costume looks very spooky.

Happy Halloween,
Ella

The Pocket Stylist said...

Love these photos halloween is one of my favorites.

Blicious said...

i love love love halloween! dressing up is my favoirte thing to do. cant wait to see pics! xoxo

NuFlaiir - Planning a Destination Wedding said...

Hello there,

I have an award waiting for you
http://www.nuflaiir.com/2009/10/announcement-ii-sugar-doll-award.html

-lilian-