Search This Blog

Monday, March 01, 2010

I just ate my cereal with a grapefruit spoon...

Because I can't be bothered to empty the dishwasher/make the bed/do the laundry/clean up this mess.

My typically tidy apartment is in ruins and I don't really care.  I'm too overwhelmed at the moment to be bothered.  Mr. DD and I keep looking around and shaking our heads and concluding that "we'll get to it."  At least he can escape.  His time is split between the big apple and our nation's capital.  At least a few nights a week he sleeps in a swanky and well kempt hotel room where someone else can take care of his mess.  When I need to escape, I bury my head in a pillow.

Enough complaining. I did have one major success this weekend... the PERFECT brownies!!!  I'm so excited to have discovered Roost.  Tons of phenomenal recipes to try.  These brownies made my husband overlook my shameful housekeeping skills and love me for culinary prowess instead.  Best brownies ever.

 
  
  
  
 
I didn't get to the heavenly Mac and Cheese from The Pioneer Woman, but perhaps when Mr. DD gets back from DC.

Was anyone else terribly sad to say goodbye to the Olympics?  I cried a little during the closing ceremonies.  All the drama and the excitement of the last two weeks have been almost too much to bear.  However, if I'm being honest, I think the most valuable lesson that I've learned is that Johnny Weir takes impeccable care of his skin.  It's truly phenomenal.  Let that be a lesson to  you, Evan Lysacek.

4 comments:

BEL said...

those look amazing :) i'm in such an olympic withdrawl!

Jenni said...

Those look A-MAZING! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Super cute blog!

alissa said...

haha on johnnys skin - you're so right. but evan is downright cute as well. im sad the olympics are over for those two alone!

Whitney said...

These look so good! I have also tried adding a layer of heath bars to the brownies. Dresses the brownies up a bit. Makes for a great party dessert - everyone loved them!