Search This Blog

Monday, May 04, 2009

Shrug it off....

I am being married by my uncles, both of whom are Catholic priests. Though it's not a general requirement of the church where we're being married, they have insisted since early on that my shoulders be covered. They can be covered with something, and I quote, "as thin as a spaghetti strap, just as long as they are covered." Well, since I haven't worn spaghetti straps since 1995, I decided this was not the time to bring them back. I am still on the hunt for the perfect little bridal shrug.

Could this be it?From englishdept on Etsy.

12 comments:

Jen said...

Love it! Such a cute idea...and way to deflect from the spaghetti-strap idea!

Morgan said...

To die for!

...love Maegan said...

religion is crazy ...would god be offended by shoulders? lol

That shrug is adorable though. Maybe you should get it regardless :)

emily said...

That's simply gorgeous! I love it!

You find the most interesting wedding and non-wedding goods.

Lauren said...

I like. It would even be good with a few less ruffles, for just a simple sheer effect.

un-bride said...

Check out Bonzie on Etsy, too. I heart them.

Bridechka said...

Very pretty.

Emily said...

That shrug is gorgeous!!!

sarah said...

That one's cute! I see someone beat me to Bonzie... was gonna say that hers--- you might die and wear later too... they're awesomely couture....
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23523325

Amanda said...

I love, love, love Elizabeth Dye! Shrugs are the best. I hade Myra of Twigs & Honey make mine. I can't wait to wear it!

mimi said...

gorgeous!

lazybride said...

funny, i'm also getting married by my two uncles who are priests! thought it was a unique situation until now.

they don't have a problem with the shoulders, my sister went strapless.

Good luck with the wedding planning! that shrug is gorgeous.