Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
I am so completely devoted to my wedding gown that the thought of taking it off one minute before I must makes me panic. As such, I'd never given a second thought to the idea of a reception dress... until now. Drum roll, please...
The dress was custom made so that the bride could remove a few of the bottom layers to create her reception frock. Genius.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Ps: forgive the crappy photos, the lighting in my apartment is awful!
Monday, February 23, 2009
I am the girl whose mother, future mother in law and best friends repeatedly told while gown shopping, "Teresa, you're looking for the gown to wear to your wedding, not to an award's ceremony!"
and the always lovely Sarah Jessica Parker.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
I was tagged by Veiled Vows a number of weeks ago, and with the a recently compiled list of random facts about myself for facebook, there is no longer a respectable reason to procrastinate. So, here goes:
10 Random Facts -
1. My least favorite sound in the world is bird wings flapping. Unfortunately, I live in a city with more pigeons than people.
2. My most favorite sound in the world is David's key in the door.
3. I speak to my mother on the phone between 2 and 5 times a day... everyday.
4. I had two imaginary friends growing up, "Chuckcha" and "Himba." Eventually, I grew tired of everyone constantly asking me about them and started telling people that the big wheel that they had been traveling on was struck by a car, killing them both instantly.
5. I wish I watched less reality tv and read more books.
6. I speak about my life in terms of B.D. and A.D. (before David and after David)
7. I hate cats. I mean truly despise everything about them. Once again, to make that clear, I abhor them. (I'm also slightly suspicious of cat owners.)
8. Despite complaining about NYC on a regular basis, there is nowhere in the world that I would rather live. When the possibility of a suburban future is as much as mentioned I break out in hives and have a full panic attack.
9. I would skip real food all day long in favor of candy and dessert. My addiction to sugar is debilitating and all consuming.
10. When I met David I was engaged to someone else (gasp). He was a kind and wonderful person, but completely wrong for me. We should have never pretended to be anything more than friends. The night that I met David I thought to myself "Oh my god, this is the feeling everyone has talked about!" Within days I had devoted myself completely and totally to this new relationship and I have never looked back. Some people think that what I did was insensitive or immature, but I think it was the bravest and best decision I could have ever made.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
I know this has been featured on a number of other wedding blogs, but I couldn't resist... I had to post it. Christian Siriano is clearly a genius.
I dare you to tell me that this is not the most stunning dress ever. Photographed by Jose Villa and found via Pretty.Pretty.Paper